Article published in Interior Wellness Winter 2016
Have you ever wondered what it may be that is holding you back from achieving your dreams and passions? Everyone has goals and hopes for their life. Many times these are buried deep inside. Perhaps it is fear that prevents a person from living an authentic life. Worry over other people’s opinions. It may be time to drop the mask and find out who you truly are.
To really express who we are to ourselves and the world we must first become aware of exactly who we are at the core of our being. Allow yourself authentic expression and self reflection. One of the ways to achieve this is through the art of writing in a journal. The following may help with this:
- Meditate to quiet your thoughts.
- Visualize what your passion and dreams look like.
- Visualize living that dream.
- Write down the steps to achieve this dream.
- Be totally honest with yourself.
- Write the changes you can make in your life to allow passion to flow.
- Trust the messages your heart is giving you, listen to these messages.
- Be aware of feelings; does something make you feel happy, peaceful, relaxed?
- Tune into that deep emotional center of you where your innermost wisdom resides.
- Release old programming that has not served you well.
Read more in Interior Wellness Winter 2016